DIY GOLD BOWL
1. Blow up a balloon to the size you wish your bowl to be and cut up newspaper into small strips.
2. Using the modge podge as glue to stick the newspaper to the balloon. Apply the modge podge using a paintbrush, and continue adding newspaper until half the balloon is covered. After the first layer of newspaper several additional layers of newspaper will be required to make a strong bowl, but allow time to dry between each layer. Depending how smooth you wish your bowl to be pay attention to push out any air bubbles or bumps from the newspaper. If you find you are getting too many bumps try using smaller pieces of paper.
3. Once the newspaper has full dried you will need to pop the balloon and throw the remains of the balloon out.
4. Before starting to paint if you wish you bowl to be extra smooth you can use sandpaper to sand down additional bumps. For my bowl I wanted something that was more of an organic shape with bumps and bends that would reflect light so I skipped this step. Also for the rim of the bowl I liked the jagged edge, but if you want a clean edge just take your scissors and cut around the rim of the bowl to smooth things out.
5. Next, clean your paintbrush of the mode podge and paint the inside of your bowl. I chose to paint mine with gold acrylic paint which is very shiny and looks like gold leaf without all the additional cost and hassle. For the inside of my bowl I painted two coats of gold acrylic paint.
6. Flipping the bowl upside down